Festival and Events are one of the fastest growing forms of tourism. They are becoming increasingly popular, and play an important role in economic, touristic and social development of cities and regions.
The FISE’ Series are major multi-disciplines action sports events, which goes beyond sports. It represents a unique opportunity to grow the local BMX, Skateboard, Wakeboarding, Roller, Mountain Biking and Parkour communities.
Working with International Federations
Since 2016 we are working alongside International Federations to push further the development of our sports:
2016: beginning of a unique collaboration with the very first UCI BMX Freestyle Park World Cup labelled by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), the world governing body for cycling sports.
2017: World Skate joined the collaboration as the inaugural World Skate Roller Freestyle World Cup was staged
2018: The collaboration continues with two new World Cups: the UCI BMX Freestyle Flatland World Cups and the FIG Parkour World Cup sanctioned respectively by the UCI & the Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique (FIG).
Through the work realized with the International Federations and the launch of the different World Cups, we are working toward gender equality in our events by:
– Opening women only categories to answer the demand and on each the World Cups
– Increasing the prize money of the women’s competitions to reach the same amount than for the men’s
– Making Lives for both men and Women categories
Health in sport
Health is key in sport and for this reason we invite the National Ant-Doping Agencies at each FISE World Series stop so that they can:
– Give information about doping in sports and in major competitions
– Inform about the impact on doping the daily life
– Organize preventive actions to limit doping in sports
Road to the Olympics
In 2017 the IOC announced that BMX Freestyle and Skateboard will be beginning their Olympic Journey as both sports will be part of the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympic Games!
For BMX Freestyle Park the FISE World Series’ events will be qualifier events through the UCI World Cup as the athletes will gain points at each stops to be able to compete at in Tokyo.
Enthusiasm and Lasting Legacy
Playing host to a FISE’s event leverage sport participation, promote continued sport for life, and can lead to urban regeneration initiatives as well as further direct/indirect economic benefits by:
– Increasing participation levels in action sports, hence generation interest in the city/region
– Encouraging the uptake of cycling, skating, scootering, and investments in sports facilities for the benefits of the youth and local communities
– Shifting attitudes towards Action Sports
– Enhancing Community cohesion
– Contribution to youth personal development via our volunteer program
– Encouraging students/first-time attendees/volunteers to participate in future city events
– Turning spectator loyalty into customer loyalty leading to increased tourism outside the FISE’s event
It is through the International Media Exposure of the event, including the digital exposure and Live of competitions, that we will showcase your city to the world. Before, during and after the event we are presenting your city as a sports destination through:
– Official announcement of your city as Host of FISE
– Videos and photos
– Social media content
– Athletes’ story in your city
The event being FREE for the public, locals and out-of-town visitors spend money at the FISE event and in the Host City:
– Commercial Accommodation
– Food & Beverage
– Leisure, recreation, cultural attractions